2021-10 CentOS board meeting
- Brian “bex” Exelbierd
- Thomas Oulevey
- Davide Cavalca
- Jim Perrin
- Tru Huynh
- Mike McLean
- Josh Boyer
- Pat Riehecky
- Karanbir Singh
- Johnny Hughes
- Shaun McCance
- Matthias Runge
- Lance Albertson
- Brian Stinson
** 22h05 **
- Previous minutes
On going discussion
- Nothing to report.
Issues to be closed (ACTION close all of them if no objection)
- #63 CentOS Stream and Operate First (Unclear what action, if any, is needed here. Propose we close until there is an action requested.)
- close issue and wait for concrete actions
- #45 CentOS variant artifacts (ISOs, disk images, etc.) branding (Draft was posted to https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2021-September/077326.html and there was, as far as I can tell, no comment from the community. Can we go ahead and get this published?)
- Rich : publish as a policy
- Decide where we can publish it. SIG documentation would be the right. MikeM: link with trademark guidelines.
- Brian: SIGGuide wiki page would make sense
- #44 Remove former Directors from various accounts and permissions
- On going / no urgency but it needs to be completed for next election
- #27 Providing Official AMIs in Amazon CN regions.
- #03 Getting official CentOS images into Azure
- no updates
- Jim & Bex : it’s being worked on.
- #01 Shift Board to be more transparent in support of becoming a contributor-focused open source project
- Closing this issue
- Thomas: Write a blog post about the evolution in the past year with the point of view of new members
- #04 Definitive answer requested regarding logo design (This is currently in the hands of Brand. I was hoping to have some update before this meeting.)
- Rich : Red Hat brand contacted, no definitive answer yet
- 1/ Do we have to register a new brand ?
- Can we use the new branding before 1/ is sorted out ?
Issues on hold
Community Architect updates
- October CentOS Dojo update
- Dojo very successful, more non-redhatter speakers for the first time.
- Upcoming events
- All Things Open (Oct 17-19)
- Supercomputing (November 14-19)
- FOSDEM (Just announced, Feb 5-6 2022)
- Other awesome stuff happening
- Stream 9 launch promotion/marketing work - https://hackmd.io/RkOiWNmIQcWSubQ3emY0lg?edit
- Publicity around Stream 9 ; let the world know that it exists.
- centos-promo email to coordinate this effort.
- Hyperscale SIG quarterly report
- Automotive SIG quarterly report
- Kmods SIG quarterly report
- Software Collections SIG quarterly report
- CPE Weekly Update, week of September 27th
** Adjourned at 22h23 **