Dear CentOS enthusiasts,
The past month has been quieter than recent months, in terms of news, and I was very occupied with some other things last week, so I hope you can forgive the delay in getting this month's newsletter out.
If you want to receive notifications of new newsletters in future months, please subscribe to the centos-newsletter mailing list to be the first to hear of new editions.
Embroidered shirts and sweatshirts at HelloTux
You can now purchase embroidered CentOS tshirts, polo shirts, and sweatshirts, in the store at HelloTux. HelloTux also produces garments featuring our friends Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE, and various other Linux and open source projects and brands.
An article with a little more detail about the process may be found on the CentOS blog.
Board welcomes Brian Exelbierd as director
On 2020-07-08 the CentOS Board of Directors welcomed Brian "bex" Exelbierd as a new member Director and Red Hat Liaison. This, and other board news may be found in the minutes from that board meeting.
Creation of Infrastructure SIG
In the September board meeting, the Board approved the creation of the Infrastructure SIG, which will provide a place for coordination of all planning and decisions which effect the infrastructure that enables the CentOS project. Aoife Moloney was named as the initial chair of this group. More details about the function of this SIG may be found in the article announcing the creation.
Errata and Security Advisories
We issued the following CESA (CentOS Errata and Security Advisories) during September:
- Tue Sep 1 2020: CESA-2020:3556 Important CentOS 7 firefox Security - https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2020-September/035805.html
- Tue Sep 1 2020: CESA-2020:3558 Important CentOS 6 firefox Security - https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2020-September/035806.html
- Mon Sep 14 2020: CESA-2020:3643 Important CentOS 6 thunderbird Security - https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2020-September/035807.html
- Mon Sep 14 2020: CESA-2020:3631 Important CentOS 7 thunderbird Security - https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2020-September/035808.html
- Mon Sep 14 2020: CESA-2020:3617 Important CentOS 7 dovecot Security - https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2020-September/035809.html