At the end of each CentOS Dojo we have an attendee survey. While these never have the response rate I'd like, they do produce interesting data that help us improve future events.
Here's the results from the survey from the Dojo in Brussels, 2020
Q1: I use CentOS for ...
76.5% Running services at work
41.2% Software development (professional)
41.2% Running services at home
11.8% My desktop computer
5.9% Software development (personal, hobby)
Q2: I came to this event from:
64.7% Elsewhere in Europe
23.5% Elsewhere in the world
Q3: Talks were ...
88.2% About right
11.8% Not technical enough
Q4: I would like to see more content about:
- Specific CentOS topics, many talks were not very CentOS related and were then duplicated at the nearby FOSDEM
- Microsoft's activities to dominate the market
- CentOS internals
- id management. Integration with active directory
- Cloud and storage
- How to get involved and where is help required
- How to contribute to CentOS
- New features in new releases, process of preparation new releases
Just one remark on this last item: We can only schedule talks that are submitted, and for this event, in particular, we had very few submissions. So take this last item as a hint of what kind of talks we'll be looking for next time.
Thank you to everyone that participated in the survey. Your feedback is very helpful!