Author: shaunm

Archives

January 2024 News

Friday, 26, January 2024 shaunm Newsletter No Comments

January 2024 News CentOS Connect will be held February 1-2 in Brussels, right before FOSDEM. Join us for two days of presentations and meetups. The Distributions Devroom will happen again at FOSDEM. CentOS is part of the organizing team. CentOS will have a stand at FOSDEM, in Building AW, shared with our Cloud SIG friends […]

Distributions Devroom at FOSDEM 2024

Friday, 1, December 2023 shaunm Uncategorized No Comments

In two months, the CentOS Project returns to FOSDEM in Brussels, Belgium on February 3-4, 2024. We will host CentOS Connect on the two dates before FOSDEM, and we'll once again have a stand at FOSDEM, shared with RDO and OKD. We're also joining with our friends at Fedora, AlmaLinux, Ubuntu, and openSUSE to deliver […]

November 2023 Newsletter

Friday, 1, December 2023 shaunm Newsletter 2 Comments

November 2023 Newsletter CentOS Connect will be held February 1-2 in Brussels, right before FOSDEM. Join us for two days of presentations and meetups. The CFP for both presentations and meetups is now open. The Distributions Devroom will happen again at FOSDEM. CentOS is part of the organizing team. The CFP is open. The CentOS […]

CentOS Newsletter, September 2023

Friday, 29, September 2023 shaunm Newsletter No Comments

September 2023 Newsletter The board approved the Integration SIG to verify that products and services built on top of RHEL or CentOS Stream will continue to work on CentOS Stream and the next release of RHEL and will not break on package updates. The board approved the ISA SIG to quantify the potential benefits of […]

CentOS Board Meeting Recap, September 2023

Wednesday, 20, September 2023 shaunm Uncategorized No Comments

The recording of the August CentOS Board meeting is now available. Watch the recording Read the minutes The recording has timestamps so you can skip to the parts that interest you. Here are a few highlights of the meeting: After much discussion, the wiki has been archived. There was considerable discussion about improvements to be […]

CentOS Board Meeting Recap, August 2023

Tuesday, 15, August 2023 shaunm Board minutes No Comments

The recording of the August CentOS Board meeting is now available. Watch the recording Read the minutes The recording has timestamps so you can skip to the parts that interest you. Here are a few highlights of the meeting: We got an update on the status of trusting SIGs for secureboot (Issue 67). We discussed […]

CentOS Newsletter, May 2023

Wednesday, 31, May 2023 shaunm Newsletter No Comments

May 2023 Newsletter The next CentOS Connect will be colocated at Flock on August 2. Watch the website or social media for CFP and registration details. The CentOS project has started a podcast called Connections, where we talk to interesting people doing interesting things across the CentOS ecosystem. For our first episode, we talked to […]

CentOS Connect at Flock 2023

Thursday, 25, May 2023 shaunm Uncategorized 2 Comments

The CentOS team is excited to announce that we will be hosting a CentOS Connect event at Flock to Fedora on August 2, 2023. CentOS Connect is a series of mini-conferences that showcase the latest developments across the Enterprise Linux ecosystem. These events are usually colocated with other open source conferences to help reach a […]

CentOS Board Meeting Recap, May 2023

Monday, 15, May 2023 shaunm Board minutes 1 Comment

The recording of the May CentOS Board meeting is now available. Watch the recording Read the minutes The recording has timestamps so you can skip to the parts that interest you. Here are a few highlights of the meeting: The board discussed work left to be done around the ISA SIG (Issue 115) and the […]

CentOS Board Meeting Recap, April 2023

Monday, 17, April 2023 shaunm Board minutes No Comments

The recording of the April CentOS Board meeting is now available. Watch the recording Read the minutes The recording has timestamps so you can skip to the parts that interest you. Here are a few highlights of the meeting: The Board discussed the x86 SIG proposal with Florian Weimer. There's a general agreement that we […]