January 2024 News
- CentOS Connect will be held February 1-2 in Brussels, right before FOSDEM. Join us for two days of presentations and meetups.
- The Distributions Devroom will happen again at FOSDEM. CentOS is part of the organizing team.
- CentOS will have a stand at FOSDEM, in Building AW, shared with our Cloud SIG friends RDO and OKD.
- Carl George and Shaun McCance will present a CentOS Classroom with a packaging workshop at SCaLE. We’ll also have a stand at SCaLE. Come say hello.
- Fabian Arrotin announced that rpmautospec is now available for SIGs on cbs.centos.org.
The Kmods SIG focuses on packaging and maintaining kernel modules for CentOS Stream and Enterprise Linux.
- No SIG members have been added since last report. We welcome anybody that’s interested and willing to do work within the scope of the SIG to join and contribute.
- Due to changes in the way Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux source code, the Kmods SIG is currently unable to produce packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux for legal reasons. We are working with Red Hat to resolve this situation and hope to be able to provide packages for Enterprise Linux again as soon as possible.