January 2022 Board Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, 19, January 2022 Rich Bowen Board agendas, Board minutes 1 Comment

2022-01 CentOS board meeting


Board members

  • Thomas Oulevey
  • Tru Huynh
  • Brian Exelbierd
  • Pat Riehecky
  • Davide Cavalca
  • Josh Boyer
  • Mike McLean
  • Johnny Hughes


  • Jack Aboutboul :heavy_check_mark:
  • Shaun McCance :heavy_check_mark:
  • Lance Albertson :heavy_check_mark:
  • Neal Gompa :heavy_check_mark:
  • Matthew Miller :heavy_check_mark:
  • Christoph Galuschka :heavy_check_mark:
  • Leslie Hawthorn :heavy_check_mark:
  • Jonathan Billings :heavy_check_mark:
  • Brian Stinson :heavy_check_mark:
  • Amy Marrich :heavy_check_mark:



Seat new directors

  • [Rich] - Report on election results and (hopefully?) announce new directors, who will be welcomed to discussion effective immediately.
    • Amy Marrich
    • Celeste Lyn Paul
  • Appointment of officers (Chair, Secretary)
    • To be discussed with all new directors. Thomas to send an email to the mailing list.
    • Perhaps vote for chair by the election process since the chair has extra responsibility. Thomas : it Make sense. I’ll add this option in the email.

On going discussion

  • Nothing to report.



Issues to be closed (ACTION close all of them if no objection)

  • None

New issues

Open issues

  • #67 Trusting the SIGs by default, from a CentOS Project perspective (Secureboot)
    • Detailed proposal to be sent to Red Hat
    • Brian is working on the proposal #ACTION report for next meeting
  • #45 CentOS variant artifacts (ISOs, disk images, etc.) branding
    • Approved / Pending publishing #ACTION Davide to publish it in the (new) SIG Guide (contribution process to be checked by Thomas)
  • #44 Remove former Directors from various accounts and permissions
    • Still ongoing / Recheck with new departures if acceses are reassign/removed accordingly
    • Brian: close it and create individual ticket for each departure/arrival. Approved.
    • Mike: list of accesses needed.
    • Johnny: to deal with mailing list access
    • Thomas: make sure we have a clear way to do it in the future.

Issues on hold

  • #27 Providing Official AMIs in Amazon CN regions.
  • #4 Definitive answer requested regarding logo design
  • #3 Getting official CentOS images into Azure

Community Architect updates

  • February Dojo - https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/FOSDEM2022
  • CL8 EOL community sentiment
    • EoL happened
  • #el-community
    • New channel for cross EL distributions discussion
  • Community manager transition
    • Shaun to take over Rich role.
    • Thanks Rich !

SIG Reports


  • Encourage Stream contributions/contributor

    • What could we do to recognizes all the contributors ?
      • To be answered in the following weeks, Amy proposed to introduce RHEL team for example in a Dojo, Announce new features/documentation in an engaging way, EPEL 9 over performing because early access to Stream 9, Pat: update when RHEL9 is released, etc…
  • Johnny noted that RHEL8 target will be available in CBS for SIGs after C8 content is removed. It will allow SIG to track RHEL8 if needed.

  • Tru : Issue #72

    • Contact email for the AWS marketplace: ACTION - BStinson - and update page on AWS that references this email address (cloud-ops@centos.org)
    • Thomas: Sorry restricted issue (due to content) to board members, it was missing from above list
  • Discussion around removing Official obsoletes images from the Marketplace (no decision yet)

    • The Board believes that old, unmaintained images (eg Official CL6 images, not third party provided images) be removed from cloud vendors. Send action to CPE infra team? (Rich will open ticket)
    • Such a removal must be clearly messaged/announced on official channels
    • Do cloud providers provide a way to pull down an image for new users, but have existing users of a published image still have access to it.
    • Johnny offers to send a message to centos-devel about retiring cloud images, and gauge community sentiment on that
    • Bex: make it clear images are deprecated in the meanwhile for Humans.
    • Reach to Karanbir for AWS access (el7 ? el8 ?)
  • Propose few new slots for the meeting when new directors are added to the mailing list. #ACTION on Thomas.

One thought on "January 2022 Board Meeting Minutes"

  1. Luna Jernberg says:

    Actually watched the video during the FOSDEM 2022 Dojo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *