(Video of the meeting is available on YouTube.)
- Pat Riehecky
- Brian Exelbierd
- Davide Cavalca
- Johnny Hughes
- Jim Perrin
- Mike McLean
- Rich Bowen (Chair)
- Thomas Oulevey (Secretary)
- Josh Boyer
- Tru Huyhn
- Karanbir Singh
- Neal Gompa
- Kris Knigga
- Jack Aboutboul
- Lance Albertson
- Jonathan Billings
- Brian Stinson
- Carl George
- Glenn Cooper
- Peter Georg
- Jefro Osier-Mixon
**Quorum at 22:05**
- Quick review of pending issues with Red Hat around the announcement of C8 EoL
- Blog post published: https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/expanding-red-hat-enterprise-linux-choices-research-and-academia
Discussion can be now closed.
Issues to be closed (ACTION close all of them if no objection)
- #06 Red Hat majority seat contradiction in governance
* Required Red Hat employees to have 50 % of the seats
* Motion to remove this requirement
* Approved unanimously
* ACTION: update the website with this change
- #45 CentOS variant artifacts (ISOs, disk images, etc.) branding
* Draft messaging at https://hackmd.io/pPixYTZ8QmyJcjoJq_V9dA
* Thomas: important to handle the lifecycle, changes committed to the document
* Neal: discussed how Fedora is handling Spin
* ACTION: Draft message and post it to centos-devel for community comment.
- #44 Remove former Directors from various accounts and permissions
* Davide : Document different accesses
* Johnny : Check with infrastructure team if needed to remove specific accesses.
* Davide : Add a note on the onboarding document
- #27 Providing Official AMIs in Amazon CN regions.
* Sponsored by David Duncan
* ACTION: sync with David and infrastructure team.
- #22 Draft all recent governance changes or ideas for Board discussion
* Draft has been posted at https://centos.org/about/governance/board/
* Announced: https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2021-July/077172.html
* No comment from the community
* Amy Marrich has volunteered to help with ongoing edits
* Related: #06
- #03 Getting official CentOS images into Azure
* Take down cloud images that violate our trademark (requested to Legal team).
* It will be tracked in a specific issue to avoid to add to this ticket.
* Issues #56, #61, #62 track individual images
* Add official images
* Jack proposed to help with this task (investigate Azure tools such as https://github.com/microsoft/lisa)
* ACTION: Move forward with the requirement / track progress
- #01 Shift Board to be more transparent in support of becoming a contributor-focused open source project
* Some progress has been made! (This meeting!)
* Are there other processes that we can make more transparent? Community can raise specific items on this issue.
Issues on hold
- #04 Definitive answer requested regarding logo design
* Johnny: talk to the designer and is ready to resume discussion around the logo.
* Johnny: Not a critical issue if the logo is kept relevant and reminds the existing one.
* Neal: Current branding is problematic to decline the logo for different use-cases. He Hopes to have more assets and a more polished brand.
* Pat: Better and free fonts would make sense for an opensource project.
* A Proposal should be available prior to the next board meeting
* ACTION: Resume work on the branding
Community Architect updates
- Dojo CFP still open (4 submissions so far) - https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/October2021
- Newsletter: https://blog.centos.org/2021/08/centos-community-newsletter-august-2021/
- Presence expected at Open Source Summit (Sept 27-29, Seattle) and All Things Open (October 18-20)
- Mike : Work on CentOS branded protection masks for All Things Open and Open Source Summit
- ACTION: No objection, Rich will follow-up
**Adjourned at 22:43**