If you would like to see this report and toggle to the section you are
most interested in, I would suggest visiting this link
https://hackmd.io/8iV7PilARSG68Tqv8CzKOQ?view and use the header bar
on your left to skip to where you want to go!
Initiative FYI Links
Initiatives repo here: https://pagure.io/cpe/initiatives-proposal
2021 Quarterly Planning timetable here:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/time_tables/ so you know when
I need it in by to review it.
Details on initiative requesting/how to work with us on new projects
* CentOS Dojo @ FOSDEM is on right now! Links to talks from Thursday
are on the CentOS youtube channel and Rich is playing a blinder
getting all the content uploaded in record time
* NOTE: 'playing a blinder' means doing an excellent job for
anyone unfamiliar with the term
* Fedora has a booth as well @ FOSDEM this weekend! Make sure you stop
by and say hi to all those great Fedorans who will be manning it this
*The below updates are pulled directly from our CPE team call we have
* CI team members are migrating Fedora-Infra and Fedora-apps namespace
whcih is one of the last few before we shut down legacy cluster
* There is also an investigation spike on Zabbix upgrade to current
LTS version which will then be rolled-out on the CentOS Infra once
* Python39 built and ready to compose
* Dist-git repos are regularly up to date
* Repos are populated in the CentOS Stream GitLab instance and will be
publically viewable in the coming weeks
* Very detailed talks on CentOS Stream given by Brian Stinson & Brian
'Bex' Exelbierd are watchable now on the CentOS YouTube channel -
check them out!
* Infra team are assisting with the testing of ipa/noggin for
otp/other cases in stg
* Their also doing a cleanup of a bunch of broken links on koji volume
* Mass rebuild of rpms is done, modules are underway
* FTBFS for the mass rebuild are filled
CPE ARC TEAM
(Community Platform Engineering Advanced Reconnaissance Team....Team)
We have a new sub team in our team, led by Pingou, who are running
advance investigations on some of the tech debt and bigger initiatives
that the CPE team have in our backlog and they have been tackling
Datanomer/Datagrepper tech debt first.
The team have been partitioning the ‘messages’ table of datagrepper's
DB, & hope to be able to test this setup next week
* prod like in openshift
* prod like with a default delta of 3 days
* partitioned table + default delta of 3 days
* using the timescale postgresql plugin [not implemented yet]
* We faced some issues with IPA limits and tuning, and 2FA & still
trying to figure out the best way to enforce 2FA with sudo.
* We are getting closer to migrating from stg to prod and once the
Fedora migration is complete, the CentOS accounts will be then
* NOTE: If you have an account in both CentOS & Fedora and have
different email addresses associated with each, please update your
preferred email address in your profile and look out for an email next
week on your options.
* The work tracker for this project can be found here
Fedora Messaging Schemas
* Elections pr reviewed https://pagure.io/elections/pull-request/90
* Next is Greenwave & waiverdb
* Board the issues are tracked on are here
The Community Platform Engineering group, or CPE for short, is the Red
Hat team combining IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS.
Our goal is to keep core servers and services running and maintained,
build releases, and other strategic tasks that need more dedicated
time than volunteers can give.
See our wiki page here for more
As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.
Have a great weekend!