Welcome to September! Below are the most recent Community Platform
Engineering project updates, and if you want to know more about our
team, see our wiki page here for more information on who our team is:
Here are some upcoming IRC meetings:
* Weekly on Thursdays @ 1300 UTC on #fedora-meeting-1
* Next Meeting: 2020-09-03
* Every second Tuesday @ 1500 UTC on #centos-meeting
* Next Meeting: 2020-09-01
* September 10th @ 1330 UTC on #fedora-meeting-1
Below are the project & community updates this week:
There will be an IRC based AMA session with GitLab on Thursday 10th
September @ 1330 UTC in place of the CPE PO office hours.
We are still talking to GitLab but we are deliberately taking our time
to make sure all of the technical blockers can be met and the move
will be worth it in the end.
There is very little to no updates in the tracker, but I will include
it nonetheless https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/217350
I will also be sending a separate email on details of the AMA session
later this week, such as how to submit questions in advance so there
is content ready on the day.
Note: Since I'm posting this to the blog after the meeting, you may wish to read the
* Updated ocp.stg to OCP v4.5.6.
* Added a number of users to the jump.ci host.
* Adding monitoring/alerting for NFS slowness to the ocp cluster.
* Module push tweaks.
* Exploring how to enable fedora messaging in Stream
* Reviewing documentation on contributor policies before publishing
them later this quarter.
* Services will begin to be deployed this week
* Please be patient as some services will inevitably not work due to
networking errors that the team don't know until they deploy
* Thank you again for your patience and understanding during these
last few months!
* Deployment to staging for testing is delayed due to missing firewalls in IAD2
* This has just recently been unblocked so the team will begin some
deployment and testing of Noggin this week
* Wider community testing will be available, estimated next week
* In the meantime. Please feel free to check out the team kanban board
for more information on the features the team are working on and have
already completed here https://github.com/orgs/fedora-infra/projects/6
* List of applications that require messaging schemas can be found
* There is a readme which contains documentation on messaging schemas,
a cookie-cutter template to create the schema and a definition of Done
for writing a schemas
* The board they are working from can be viewed here
* The team have been reviewing data on how packages are built in the
fedora infrastructure for the last 8 weeks and have gathered enough
information to create a report on their findings.
* This report is currently in draft format, and is going to be
reviewed by the team first, and then sent to the devel and infra lists
in the next 2 weeks est.
* The teams work is being tracked here
Here is a reminder of what our team has committed to work on in this
quarter of the year:
The CPE team are working on the following projects for Quarter 3,
which is the months of July, August & September:
* Data Centre Move - Final Works
* CentOS Stream Phase 3
* Noggin Phase 3
* Packager Workflow Healthcare
* Fedora Messaging Schemas
Details of the above projects, and of projects currently in progress,
done and what projects are in our backlog, can be found on our taiga
board per project card:
We also have an updated initiative timetable for briefing in new
projects to our team & key dates
*Note: Initiatives are large pieces of work that require a team of
people and weeks/months to complete. Please continue to open tickets
in the normal way for bugs, issues, etc.
The Community Platform Engineering group, or CPE for short, is the Red
Hat team combining IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS.
Our goal is to keep core servers and services running and maintained,
build releases, and other strategic tasks that need more dedicated
time than volunteers can give.
As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.
Have a great week!