The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS.Check out our teams
info here https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/
* We are tracking our progress here (nothing new added yet, fyi) https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Git_forge_update
* And the council are tracking the community issues in this ticket https://pagure.io/Fedora-Council/tickets/issue/292
* I have an Office hours IRC meeting slot on #fedora-meeting-1 @ 1300-1400 UTC every Thursday. Feel free to stop by and say hi! We can talk about Gitforge, or not 🙂 Note, this is an update to the meeting time from when this update was originally posted.
* Communishift is unfortunately offline until mid to end of June. The guys hit some unfortunate roadblocks which cost us a lot of time and energy. As we are starting to bring up hardware in IAD2 for the reduced Fedora offering next week, the hard but necessary decision was taken to pause bringing up CommuniShift in RDU-CC for now and come back to this once the *slightly* more critical work is done or close to complete in IAD2.
* Thank you for your patience, this is a colossal undertaking for the team and your support and understanding is very much appreciated.
* Full amended schedule is here https://hackmd.io/vDwoayVLQ8yjyDk3PDvC8A?view
* And updates are being posted here https://status.fedoraproject.org/
* Again, as this project is currently being run by a two man team, we appreciate and thank you for your patience for delayed replies to tickets/requests/pings related to Fedora infra.
* The team have met with openSUSE and are supporting them when deploying Noggin
* Noggin UI improvements based on feedback have also been implemented
* Th2 team will begin to work on upstream code changes of existing apps to the FASjson api in their next sprint
* You can view the teams current, completed and backlog work here https://github.com/orgs/fedora-infra/projects/6
* The team are using this dashboard to track their work https://github.com/fedora-infra/mbbox/projects/1
* They are also supportg the ELN work
* The ansible repo has also been moved to pagure! https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible
* Mbbox Upgrade
* ssl fix is done
* The team are also working on CRD for koji-builder
* Work is being tracked here if you wish to view in more detail https://github.com/fedora-infra/mbbox/projects/1
* The team are working on
* Improving monitoring on CI agents
* Manual install of RHCOS bootstrap node on bare metal
* Importing EL6 Image for CICO cloud
* VMs migration from OpenStack to OpenNebula
* CentOS 7.8.2003 was released for x86_64, aarch64,ppc64, ppc64le and armhfp architectures. Including Cloud images (on
https://cloud.centos.org) - https://blog.centos.org/2020/04/release-centos last week
* CentOS Linux 8.2 work is ongoing with compose level testing due to start soon
* The team are working through debranding CentOS Stream content from CentOS Linux
* Using CentOS Stream in the CentOS QA group to prep for 8.2
As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.
Have a great week ahead!