EDIT (Monday July 28, 2014 - 2010 UTC):
We now have what we think is going to be the final version of this upgrade tool. Please see the following link to test:
We now have some Beta Testing RPMs available to test upgrades from CentOS-6 to CentOS-7. These tests were announced on the CentOS-Devel mailing list here:
Since the release of the test RPMs, we have had several patches created by Manuel Mausz. Manuel's patches have done a lot to make the Preupgrade Assistant work for upgrades. We now need to get some tests of the patched RPMs.
The new RPMs are available from the Testing Repo here:
The upstream documentation for performing upgrades, as it currently exists, is here:
The CentOS team would like to very much thank Manuel for his testing work and patches for Preupgrade Assistant. This is an example of how we are now doing things in the "New" CentOS Project ... where the community is now involved in all aspects of what we do except the actual building of the upstream sources for the actual distro.
Other things we need from the community for this process:
- Test the RPMs as they exist right now in the Testing Repo.
- If the process needs more changes to work properly, submit patches to the CentOS-Devel mailing list to get them rolled into the packages.
- Document the process of using the current RPMs from the Testing Repo to actually perform CentOS-6.5 to CentOS-7 upgrades.
- Update wiki.centos.org to contain the newly documented processes to perform the upgrades.
The SRPMs for these packages are here:
The sources are also available from git.centos.org:
And the specific packages are:
- preupgrade-assistant : Git Branch c6
- preupgrade-assistant-contents : Git Branch c6
- redhat-upgrade-tool: Git Branch c6
Please test and document these packages and the process, and submit any required code changes to the CentOS-Devel mailing list. If you need wiki.centos.org edit capability to create/update docs for the process, ask on the CentOS-Docs mailing list.
Note: The state of this software is to be considered Beta at best ... do NOT try to use it on ANYTHING even slightly important.
EDIT: New packages are now pushed based on the changes from this mail:
Please run preupg with "-s CentOS6_7".