March 2023 Newsletter
- Brian Stinson announced that CentOS Stream 8 is transitioning to being ahead of RHEL8. This aligns CentOS Stream 8 with the CentOS Stream 9 workflow.
- Troy Dawson announced that EPEL 8 Modules are now retired.
- There was a web+docs meetup in Brussels. Shaun McCance posted a recap to centos-promo. Part of this work may involve decommissioning services running on older servers. Fabain Arrotin posted a series of emails requesting comments for forums, bugs, and wiki.
- Florian Weimer proposed an x86 SIG to explore builds that make use of recent x86-64 CPU features.
Each month, we publish a rotating selection of quarterly reports from our Special Interest Groups. This month includes reports from the Virtualization and Alternative Images SIGs.
Alternative Images SIG
Read the full Alternative Images SIG report on the CentOS blog.
Virtualization stack on PPC64LE for CentOS Stream:
- Kowshik Jois (bskjois) joined the SIG for helping on PPC64LE support for CentOS Stream 9 Virtualization