The recording of the January CentOS Board meeting is now available.
The recording has timestamps so you can skip to the parts that interest you. Here are a few highlights of the meeting:
- We had our annual leadership check-in. Amy Marrich will continue as chair, Pat Riehecky as co-chair, and Thomas Oulevey as secretary.
- We have an open question about mirrors using the word "CentOS" in domain names. We have asked Red Hat legal.
- We discussed all the things happening around FOSDEM and CentOS Connect.
- CentOS Connect is February 3. Register for free if you plan to attend.
- CentOS and RDO will share a booth at FOSDEM. Fedora will also have a booth. We could use help with staffing.
- We are participating in the Distributions Devroom at FOSDEM on Sunday, February 5.
- We will have a web+docs working day on Monday, February 6, the day after FOSDEM. Leave a comment on the planning page if you'd like to join.
- The Hyperscale SIG will hold a meetup on Thursday, February 2. Register if you'd like to join.
- We are hosting a contributors dinner with Fedora. Details will be posted to mailing lists.
- We also have a booth at SCaLE, and we welcome help with staffing.
- Issue 88: We discussed improving the onboarding docs. This will be on the agenda for the web+docs day.
- Issue 85: The new vision statement is final. Where to publicize it will be on the agenda for the web+docs day.