Minutes for CentOS Board of Directors for 2021-06-09
Tuesday , 6, July 2021
Quorum and started at :09
- Thomas (secretary)
- Davide Cavalca
- Matthias Runge
- Amy Marrich
- Quick review of pending issues with Red Hat around the announcement
- Status of additional RHEL programs for Academic ? (bex)
- Bex: no formal announcement, redesign existing program, scientific consortia special template, overall of the academic program in progress.
Red Hat continues to work on ensuring that Academic and Research institutions have easy access to RHEL. The existing academic program is being emphasized and as it is discussed with potential users examined to ensure it continues to meet the needs of this changing environment. Of particular interest is how this program can be effectively used with consortia who may have members at different levels of OS adoption but where a common platform is required for shared activities.
- Review “Kmods” SIG proposal
- ACTION read the proposal at https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Kmods
- Need official stance from RH on module licences (need/want zfs, nvidia,..)
- Rich: Is it blocking ? Bex: module per module analysis ?
- Signing for kernel stuff to be checked with Infra SIG
- Rich: Motion to approve SIG ? approved
kmods SIG was created with unanimous approval.
- Board elections
- Josh and Davide are the 2 new directors.
- Welcome !
- Thank you to the community for your nominations. The board acknowledges the community health that is indicated by the community nominating people from the community, and we hope that this trend continues.
Discussed issue #45 regarding naming of SIG/spin artifacts
- Community Architect corner