Packaging and maintaining different FOSS based Private cloud infrastructure applications that one can install and run natively on CentOS.
Releases and Packages
Preparation for CentOS Stream 9
The Cloud SIG's goal is to release the next OpenStack coordinated release Xena, planned for Oct 2021, on CentOS Stream 9. To achieve this goal, some preparations tasks are being carried out in the RDO Project:
- Both the dependencies and OpenStack packages have been built for CentOS Stream 9 using the published composes.
- Those packages are being validated to find potential issues early, report them, and propose fixes when possible.
- Coordination with upstream projects that require relevant changes to support the new CentOS Stream.
While the results looks promising, there are a number of challenges that may put our plans at risk.
- Uncertainty about CS9 GA plans and availability on the Community Build System. Any help on that from the CentOS team would be a great help.
- Coordination with other SIGs. CloudSIG depends on the builds from other SIGs, as Storage, Infra, Messaging, OpTools and NFV.
Cloud SIG is migrating all their jobs from a shared jenkins instance (ci.centos.org) to a new private instance running in the CentOS CI OpenShift environment.
Meetings and communication
The periodic meeting has been rescheduled from biweekly to monthly on the first Thursday at 1500 UTC in #centos-meeting.
After the recent changes in freenode irc network, and given the special relationship of RDO with both CentOS as part of the Cloud SIG and OpenStack project, it has been decided that #rdo channel will be available both in Libera Chat (as defined by CentOS) and OFTC (OpenStack choice) networks, although most activity is taking place in OFTC.